Sugar factory Wabern
8 August 1880
Registered share with beet cultivation obligation, 1881.
Founding by 117 farmers from North Hesse with a capital of 336,600 Marks. 1,122 registered shares with restricted transferability are issued with a beet cultivation obligation of three-eighths hectare per share. Construction of the factory by "Braunschweigische Maschinen-Bauanstalt" [Braunschweig machine construction plant].
Start of first campaign.
Construction of a workers' barrack. As from 1890, campaign manpower comes from the Eastern part of the German Reich and from Poland.
Electrification of the plant. In addition, offices and laboratories are renovated and modern sanitary facilities are installed.
17 May 1943
Detonation of the Eder valley barrage by English air forces results in a flood catastrophe.
5 November 1944
Bomb attack on the plant.
The Karlshof barn is set on fire by American tanks, 800 tonnes of sugar are destroyed.
Conversion to white sugar production and construction of a new sugar warehouse.
Establishment of a plant to refine raw sugar.
Acquisition by the Zuckerfabrik Franken GmbH.
Founding of the "Vereinigte Zuckeraktiengesellschaft Obernjesa-Wabern-Warburg (VZAG)" [united sugar corporation] as subsidiary of Zuckerfabrik Franken GmbH.
Capacity expansion: the sugar factory Obernjesa is shut down, Wabern takes over its beets.
New construction of a building with social rooms.