- Südzucker is a multinational corporation whose sugar, special products and fruit segments are key food industry players, while its CropEnergies segment is the EU's leading bioethanol producer.
- In the traditional sugar business, the group is currently operating 29 sugar factories and two refineries in Europe.
- 19,200 employees
- € 6.8 billion annual revenues
- Sugar production: 4.7 million tonnes
- Formation 1926
- Legal form: stock corporation under German law
- Main shareholder:
sugar beet farmers, via Süddeutsche Zuckerrübenverwertungs-Genossenschaft eG (SZVG), holding 56 % of the share capital.