We are a reliable producer and supplier of high-quality food, animal feed and ethanol, which we produce on a large scale from various agricultural raw materials. We focus on our customers’ requirements and supply them with safe and innovative products. Our aim is to grow profitably, meet our ecological and social responsibilities and sustainably boost shareholder value.
- Südzucker is a multinational corporation whose sugar, special products and fruit segments are key food industry players, while its CropEnergies segment is the EU’s leading ethanol producer.
- Our core competencies comprise our broad-based expertise in the large-scale conversion of different agricultural raw materials into high-quality products, especially into food for industrial customers and end consumers but also animal feed and other products for the food and non-food industries. Our Marketing focuses on business-to-business clients.
- A strong ownership structure (sugar beet farmers, via Süddeutsche Zuckerrübenverwertungs-Genossenschaft eG (SZVG), holding a large part of the share capital) provides a reliable framework for the company’s development.
We think future
From regional sugar producer to international group – from agricultural raw material to high-quality product: the Südzucker story has always been about innovation, ever since its foundation in 1837. Behind our success are our employees and experts in research and development, who scrutinize value chain processes, identify social trends at an early stage and, above all, provide the right answers for the group all over the world.
Together we are ready to constantly rethink the future.
Video only available in German.
- We focus on megatrends
- Our customers can count on us as a reliable partner
- We aim to strengthen our market position
- We have a diversified portfolio
- We take advantage of synergies
- We focus on our core competencies
- We have a solid group financing strategy
- We invest strategically and focus on value
- We consider sustainability to be a fixed and living component of our corporate strategy
- We support and foster our employees
Our guiding principles
- We uphold integrity in business transactions.
- We produce high-quality, safe products.
- We treat our environment responsibly.
- We protect our information.
- We communicate fully, correctly and clearly.
- We treat our employees with fairness and respect.
Adhering to these guidelines and the rules of the code of conduct is a key component of the Südzucker’s corporate image as a trustworthy, reliable partner.
- Diversity: Diversified corporate structure, product portfolio, markets and employees.
- Sustainability: Practice sustainability, especially by using resource-friendly production methods and fully utilizing agricultural materials to the greatest extent possible.
- Competence: Competent large-scale processing of agricultural materials. Our expertise covers the entire value added chain, including the logistics and use of our products. Our proficiency is based on our highly skilled, motivated employees, who embody our know-how, our experience and our innovation capability in production, distribution, sales and marketing and logistics...